7 Continents Name List With Their Countries, Areas, Smallest, Largest – Our planet is basically divided into two categories, such as land mafia and water bodies. 71% of the earth’s total area is in water in the form of oceans and the remaining 29% is from landmasses called continents. You will find 7 continents and 5 oceans on the planet here. In this article we will talk about the land mafia i.e. the continents. We will cover which are the continents of the world, continents by area, facts about different continents, etc. This article will help you understand the basic concepts of geography and about the world. This article will also be helpful for class 6 students and higher classes.
The land mass present on earth is known as the continents. These continents are further divided into several countries or islands. Here, we will cover all the continents of the world map. The 7 continents of the world and their countries and other related important information is mentioned below: DU Colleges List Latest For Arts, Science, Commerce, BBA Courses
- South America
- North America
7 Continents Name List With Size :
|Density (P/Km²)||World Population Share|
Asia : 7 Continents Name List
- It’s the largest continent.
- In terms of land area, it accounts for about one-third of the total land.
- It exists in the Eastern Hemisphere.
- There are 48 countries recognized by the United Nations and some dependencies and other areas that can be seen in the map.
- 2 countries of this continent have been shared with Europe i.e. Russia and Turkey.
- Palestine only enjoys the status of an observer of the United Nations and is not yet recognized as a separate country.
- The largest country in the world, Russia, is present here.
- It is also known as the most populous continent because more than 4.6 billion people live here as of 2021.
- The two most populous countries exist here.
- It also includes the world’s highest mountain ranges.
- The Ural Mountains separate it from Europe and the Sinai Peninsula and the Red Sea separate it from Africa.
Africa : 7 Continents Name List
- It’s the second largest.
- The three lines of the equator, the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn pass through it.
- Much of it is located in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The great resort of the world is the desert here.
- The world’s longest river is also present here.
- There are 54 countries here with nine dependent territories which can be seen in the map.
- About 15% of the world’s population lives here.
- Algeria is the largest country here and the Seychelles is the smallest country.
- The world’s famous and second largest lake (after Lake Superior) i.e. Lake Victoria is also part of this continent.
North America :
- It’s the third largest.
- A very narrow strip of land, called the Isthmus of Panama, connects it to South America.
- It exists in the north-west hemisphere.
- It includes 23 countries as well as 9 dependencies.
- Canada is the largest while St Kitts and Nevis is the smallest country.
- Greenland, the world’s largest island, is part of it.
- The largest freshwater lake, The Superior Lake, is part of this continent.
- The Bering Strait separates it from Russia or we can say it from Asia.
South America :
- It’s the fourth largest.
- It is mostly located in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The lungs of our planet, that is, the vast forests of the Amazon, are present here.
- The longest river, namely the Amazon, also flows here.
- The longest mountain ranges called the Andes are also part of this continent.
- There are 12 countries with 3 dependents.
- Brazil is the largest, while Suriname is the smallest country here.
- It’s the 5th largest.
- It is located entirely in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The South Pole is the center of this continent.
- It is covered with ice sheets.
- There are no human settlements there.
- Research stations from many countries are present here.
- The names of such research centres there are Maitree and South Gangotri.
- In terms of size, it comes at number six.
- The combination of Europe and Asia is called Eurasia.
- It is surrounded by various water bodies on all three sides.
- The Arctic Circle passes through it.
- There are 50 countries here.
- It has only a few countries that share it with other continents like Asia and Africa.
- Vatican City, the smallest country in the world, is part of it.
- It’s the smallest continent.
- It’s really an island country.
- It is located in the Southern Hemisphere.
- It has six states such as Western Australia, Southern Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Tasmania.
- It is the largest country without any land borders.
- The world’s largest coral reef, namely the Great Barrier Reef, is present here.
- Some people even consider it to be the largest island in the world but most geologists consider it only one continent or one country.