IPL New Rules List 2023 : IPL16th Editions New Rules List. There are only a few days left for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 to start. In such a situation, all the teams have also started their preparations. At the same time, this time the IPL will be played with many changed rules. With these changed rules, this time the IPL will be even more fun. According to the changed rule, the captain can now choose his playing XI after the toss. So that after the bowling or batting decision comes, he can select his team. Let us know that the upcoming season of IPL is going to start from March 31. The first match of this season is going to be played between defending champions Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings.
IPL New Rules List 2023 : IPL16th Editions New Rules List
Now let us have a look at the rule changes in IPL 2023 For all teams. you Can Check Complete List below
- Introduction of Impact Player
- Playing XIs to be decided after toss
- Over-rate penalty
- Unfair movement of wicket-keeper
- Unfair movement of a fielder
Introduction of New Impact Player :
- In other words, it can be called a tactical replacement. Teams have to name four substitutes before the game starts and any of them can change the player of XI during the match.
- The changed player cannot participate further in the match.
- Also, if a team names four foreign players in their XI, they can only bring in one Indian as an impact player.
- However, if the XI has three or fewer players, a foreign player can be included as an impact player from the four options named.
Playing XIs to be decided after Match toss:
IPL Telecast Channel List 2023 : India, Australia, UK, New Zealand
- Earlier, teams had to submit the XIs during the toss and were not allowed to change irrespective of the result of the toss.
- However, to limit the impact of the toss result On Match, IPL Organizers has decided to allow the teams to decided their playing XIs after the toss.
- This Rule happened for the first time in the inaugural SA20 edition last year.
IPL New Rules List : Over-Rate Penalty
- Another Rule which Is Introduced This year IPL Edition Is Over Rate Penalty.
- Over-rate is always one of the talking points in the IPL, with teams taking around two hours to complete their 20 overs.
- However, this time In IPl 2023 the fielding team will have only four fielders outside the 30-yard circle for each over not completed within the stipulated time frame. For example, if a team has completed only 18 overs in the given time frame In IPL Match, they will be allowed only 4 fielders near the boundary line for the last two overs.
Unfair movement of wicket-keeper :
- Another Rule Which Introduced In IPl 2023 Is unfair Movement of Wicket Keeper.
- In case the wicket-keeper moves unfairly when the ball is being bowled, then it will result in a dead ball and the fielding side will be penalised for five runs.
FAQ : IPL New Rules List
What is IPL 2023 starting Date ?
Ans : IPL 2023 is set to Start on March 31, 2023.
Which teams will play the first match of IPL 2023 Edition ?
Ans : Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings will face each other in the first match of IPL 2023 Edition.
Where to watch IPL 2023 on TV?
Ans : Star Sports will telecast IPL 2023 Edition on TV in India.
Where to watch live streaming of IPL 2023?
Ans : IPL 2023 Edition will be live streamed on Jio Cinema.