Rosa Bonheur Biography : Why Google Celebrating Her Birthday ? – Rosa Bonheir Biography: Mary-Rosalie Bonher was born in a port city called Bordeaux in France. He was born on March 16, 1822. He was a French artist. Her painting was mostly of animals and she was also a sculptor of realism. Bonheur was one of the most famous female painters of the nineteenth century. There are many works under his name such as The Horse Fair and Ploughing in the Nivernais which is considered to be his most remarkable work. Read this article to know more about Rosa Bonher’s biography, birth-death, profession.
Mary-Rosalie Bonhair was a gay woman and she never tried to hide it, even if most of the French deranged it. Rosa was the eldest child of the artist family. He died on May 25, 1899, at the age of 77. Rosa Bonher’s work was named Monarchs of the Forest sold for more than $200,000 at auction in 2008, which is considered one of her best-selling paintings.
Marie-Rosalie Bonheur Biography: Highlights
|Full Name||Marie-Rosalie Bonheur|
|Article Name||Rosa Bonheur Biography|
|Born on||16th March 1822|
|Died on||25 May 1899|
|Profession||Painter and Sculpture|
|Category Of Article||Person In News Trending|
Rosa Bonheir Early and Personal Life
- His father’s name was Oscar-Raymond Bonhur. He was a portrait and landscape painter.
- He always supported and encouraged them for painting.
- His mother’s name was Sophie Bonhoor. She was a piano artist.
- Happy Holi Wishes 2022 : Messages, Quotes, Images, Whatsapp Status
- Sophie died when Rosa was 11 years old.
- He had three brothers and sisters.
- Her siblings were named Auguste Bonher, Juliet Bonhur, and Isidor Jules Bonhur. Auguste and Juliet were animal painters and Jules was an animal sculpture.
- In 1828, Rosa moved to Paris with her mother and siblings.
- Rosa tried to make sketches even before she learned to talk but she was not good at her studies in school.
- His mother helped him in this. Since she had a lot of attachment to animals, Rosa’s father would bring live animals to the studio.
- Later, Rosa studied animal anatomy and osteology in Paris and dissected the animals at the Ecole Nationelle Veterinaire d’Alfort, located in Paris.
- Rosa Nathali was in a relationship with Mikes.
- She stayed with him for more than 40 years.
- Nathali then died. After some time, Bonheir began a relationship with Anna Elizabeth Klumpke. Anna was an American painter.
- In 1859, she moved to The Chato de Bye near the metropolitan area located in Paris and spent the rest of her life there.
- Rosa’s body was buried with Nathalie Mycas, her lifelong companion.
- The name of the cemetery is the Père Lachaise Cemetery located in Paris. After his death, Anna Elizabeth became the only heir to all his inheritance.
- In 1942, Anna died and was also buried in the same cemetery that housed Rosa and Nathali.
Rosa Bonheur Work
|Ploughing in the Nivernais||1849|
|The Horse Fair||1852 – 1855|
|Changing Meadows (Changement de pâturages)||1868|
|Portrait of William F. Cody||1889|
|The Highland Shepherd||1859|
|Spanish muleteers crossing the Pyrenees (Muletiers espagnols traversent les Pyrénées)||1875|
|Haymaking in the Auvergne||1853 – 1855|
|A Family of Deer||1865|
|The Monarch of the herd||1868|
|Weaning the Calves||1879|
Name of the Galleries Where Rosa’s painting Available
|Gallery Name||Location||Work Name|
|Metropolitan Museum of Art||New York||The Horse fair|
|Hamburger Kunsthalle||Hamburg, Germany||Changement de pâturages|
|Aberdeen Art Gallery||Aberdeen, Scotland||Noon Day Rest
The Charcoal Burners
|National Gallery of Ireland||Dublin, Ireland||A Stag|
|Musée d’Orsay||Paris||Ploughing in the Nivernais|