List of Most Used Languages on the Internet in 2023 : Internet penetration in the world is greater than ever And Most of the people have access to internet. It has connected the world and made it more globalised. There is no doubt that English is a global language and one of the most common languages on the Internet. But do you know that apart from English, there are people speaking 7100 languages around the world. Thus, having your digital content in the English language can restrict the growth of your business. So many companies are going for language translation services for their global expansion.
English is the most common and most-used language that connects people in different parts of the world But There are some other Languages which are used on internet. English is also the most popular language used for content on the internet.
List of Most Used Languages on the Internet
- As of January 2023, about 59% of websites used the English language for their content as their primary Language.
- This is followed by Russian language at 5.3% and Spanish at 4.3%.
- In terms of internet users, approximately 1.19 billion English-speaking people used the Internet in 2020, accounting for more than one-quarter of all internet users worldwide.
- Chinese-speaking users follow, accounting for more than 19%.
- Chat GPT Countries List : Chat GPT Banned & Supported Countries List
10 Most Used Languages on the Internet for Web Content Are Given below. Here is the list of the ten most used languages on the internet for web content as of January 2023:
Number of Internet Users by Languages :
Let’s take a look at the number of internet users by language in 2023, based on the Internet World Stats:
- Approx 1.5 billion English-speaking people who use the internet correspond to 25.9% of the world’s internet users
- Approx 900 million Chinese-speaking people who use the internet correspond to 19.4% of the world’s internet users
- Approx 370 million Spanish-speaking people who use the internet correspond to 7.9% of the world’s internet users
- Approx240 million Arabic-speaking people who use the internet correspond to 5.2% of the world’s internet users
- Approx175 million Portuguese-speaking people who use the internet correspond to 3.7% of the world’s internet users
Least Used Languages in the World
This Is the least spoken languages list in the world. Very Less Content Availabe On Internet On These Languages.
- Andoa from Peru
- Bare from Brazil.
- Tanema from Solomon Islands
- Lemerig from Vanuatu
- Njerep from Nigeria
- Ongota from Ethiopia
- Liki from the Papua region of Indonesia.
Countries with the Most Internet Users In 2023 :
As of January 2023, about 5.16 billion people worldwide are using the internet And accessing Information From Their Devices. In This List China leads all the countries with the most internet users, accounting for 1.050 billion.
- US and India have the most internet users After China.
FAQ : List of Most Used Languages on the Internet
What is Current Internet Penetration Rate?
Ans : The Current internet penetration rate worldwide as of January 2023 was around 64.4% And highest Internet Penetration Rate Is In Northern Europe, Where 97.4 Percent People use Internet.
Which Country Has highest Number Of internet User?
Ans : China
Which are The Top 3 Countries With Highest Number Of Internet users?
Ans : China, USA And India